Today’s scale-ups struggle to effectively establish, build and lead their marketing teams. This continues to be one of the top challenges marketers face. That’s why we were excited to have Kevin Banderk, CRO/CMO at ecobee join us for our inaugural OneEleven Marketing Masterclass to discuss structuring and leading your marketing team. Off the back of Kevin’s session, we’ve compiled three essential takeaways for scaleups to take into consideration.
- When building out your team, be customer-focused & strategically driven
- B2C companies should be marketing-led, with the consistent goal of attracting new customers.
- B2B companies should be sales-led, with marketing as a support tool to close deals
- Start with generalists and evolve to specialists
- Ask yourself the right questions as you are building your team
- What makes you distinct? What’s your purpose, vision, mission, and brand positioning? You’ll need to account for company culture & values.
- Are you currently winning? Review and refine budgeting, make sure you reforecast and measure your goals.
- How do you make your goals a reality? What’s your go-to-market plan?